- PureBond Idea Team
- How-To Center
- Home Depot
- PureBond Fabricator Network (PFN)
- Design Inspiration
- Where To Buy
- PureBond Hardwood Plywood
PureBond Hardwood Plywood
The original cost-competitive decorate hardwood plywood, PureBond is our formaldehyde-free, North American-made plywood that's high-quality and easy to use—all while promoting healthy indoor air quality in your home.
Soy-Based Adhesive. Cost-Competitive. North American Made. And only from Columbia Forest Products.The original cost-competitive decorative hardwood plywood without the formaldehyde. PureBond® is Columbia Forest Products’ exclusive formaldehyde-free innovation for hardwood plywood manufacturing. Replacing traditional urea formaldehyde (UF) hardwood plywood construction with soy-based PureBond enables Columbia to eliminate added formaldehyde from standard veneer-core and pMDI composite hardwood plywood core panels.
Formaldehyde-freeWhen we say PureBond technology is “formaldehyde-free," we’re describing the way our hardwood plywood panels are assembled without added formaldehyde adhesives. Columbia’s formaldehyde-free decorative panels are also conform to U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards, earning one point for LEED’s EQ Credit 4.4 for Low-Emitting Materials: Composite Wood, and satisfy exempt ULEF emissions standards of the California Air Resources Board (CARB) Phase 2 regulations called for by LEED V4.
Less cost, more benefitWhat really makes PureBond special is that it’s cost-competitive with the standard UF construction of most domestic decorative veneer-core hardwood plywood made today. Additionally, PureBond is even more water resistant than UF panels. PureBond panels with formaldehyde-free technology have out-performed UF bonded panels in all moisture degradation tests. This award-winning innovation can be yours for what you’d pay for traditional veneer core hardwood plywood options.
- PureBond® technology utilizes formaldehyde-free, soy-based assembly technology
- PureBond veneer-core panels are cost-competitive with traditional panels made using UF construction
- PureBond panels contribute towards the LEED® IEQ Credit 4.4 for Low-Emitting Materials: Composite Wood
- Panels can be specified as FSC® certified upon request
- PureBond with pMDI bonded MDFor pMDI bonded Particleboard centers available upon request
- PureBond is manufactured exclusively in North America by Columbia Forest Products.