- PureBond Idea Team
- How-To Center
- Home Depot
- PureBond Fabricator Network (PFN)
- Design Inspiration
- Where To Buy
- PureBond Hardwood Plywood
PureBond Hardwood Plywood
The original cost-competitive decorate hardwood plywood, PureBond is our formaldehyde-free, North American-made plywood that's high-quality and easy to use—all while promoting healthy indoor air quality in your home.
Soy-Based Technology. Cost-Competitive. North American Made. And only from Columbia Forest Products.The original cost-competitive decorative hardwood plywood without the formaldehyde. PureBond® is Columbia Forest Products’ exclusive formaldehyde-free innovation for hardwood plywood assembly. Replacing traditional urea formaldehyde (UF) hardwood plywood construction with soy-based PureBond enables Columbia to eliminate added formaldehyde from assembly of domestic veneer-core and pMDI composite core hardwood plywood core panels.
Formaldehyde-freeWhen we say PureBond technology is “formaldehyde-free," we’re describing the way our hardwood plywood panels are assembled without added formaldehyde adhesives. Columbia’s formaldehyde-free decorative panels are also conform to U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards by meeting exempt emissions classification within the California Air Resources Board (CARB) Air Toxic Control Measure (ATCM) referenced by LEED V4.
Less cost, more benefitWhat really makes PureBond special is that it’s cost-competitive with the standard Urea Formaldehyde (UF) construction of most domestic decorative veneer-core hardwood plywood made today. This United States EPA synthetic pathways award-winning innovation can be yours for what you’d pay for traditional, UF-Bonded, veneer core hardwood plywood options.
- PureBond® technology utilizes formaldehyde-free, soy-based assembly technology
- PureBond veneer-core panels are cost-competitive with traditional, domestic panels made using UF construction
- PureBond panels contribute towards the LEED V4 and can be specified as FSC® certified upon request
- PureBond with pMDI bonded MDF or pMDI bonded particleboard centers may be available upon request
- PureBond is manufactured exclusively in North America by Columbia Forest Products.